Are you looking for a way to create your own individual look? Perhaps you're searching for an interesting way to display your favourite photos or you just want to add a design to your cushions or create your own team T-shirt or logo? Whatever the reason, DYLON Image Maker enables you to transfer your favourite images, drawings or designs to fabrics.
DYLON Image Maker Instructions
DYLON Image Maker transfers black & white and coloured photocopies onto any washable fabric.
You will need:
• A colour or black and white photocopy
• DYLON Image Maker
• Paper Towels
• Rolling Pin
1. Always wash and dry chosen garment (even if it is new). Place a protective backing underneath the design area, (eg a piece of cardboard or an unprinted plastic bag) to prevent the Image Maker seeping through.
2. Place image printed side up on a covered work surface. Squeeze a generous amount of Image Maker onto the picture and using a clean brush, spread paste over the whole image. The paste should be thick enough that the image cannot be seen clearly.
3. Place the image on the fabric, paste side down. Smooth the paper down to ensure that there are no wrinkles. Place a paper towel over the transfer and use a rolling pin to lightly press the paper onto the fabric, rolling in alternate directions for about 1 minute. Blot off any excess paste with the paper towel.
4. Allow to dry thoroughly (at least 4 hours, preferably overnight).
5. When dry, wet the paper thoroughly with a water soaked sponge. With your finger or sponge, gently begin rubbing until the top layer of the paper can be rolled off.
6. Leave the garment to dry. Remove the remainder of the fuzz from the image using a damp sponge.
7. Allow your garment to dry thoroughly. Place a few drops of Image Maker onto your image and rub in gently with a piece of cloth to seal the transferred image.
8. Allow the image to dry thoroughly. Do not wash garment within the first 72 hours.
Wash item by hand in lukewarm water or in a washing machine, on a 30°C gentle cycle. Turn garment inside out prior to washing. Dry garment flat. Do not dry clean and do not iron directly onto the image.